Discover Freediving Experience
Discover a whole new freedom of diving! During this 90 minutes experience you’ll learn the basics about freediving. This includes gear use, relaxation, breathing and the fundamentals of holding your breath.
The course will have a theory and safety briefing; breathing techniques, relaxation and basic yoga sessions, and a pool session during which you learn to apply the theory you just learned. Basic snorkeling gear is included in the course.
PADI Basic Freediver
The PADI Basic Freediving course consists of:
Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver TouchTM (or your instructor may conduct class sessions).
- A confined water session to learn breath-hold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal: static apnea for 90 seconds and dynamic apnea for 25 meters/80 feet.
- Three open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal: constant weight freedive to 10 meters/30 feet.
The course normally runs for two days. Depth range: 0-16 meter. To enroll, you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Freediving gear (excl. wetsuit)
Comfortable conditions and logistics
PADI Master Freediver
The PADI Master Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about nutrition, relaxation and advanced breathing techniques. Independent study using the PADI Freediver TouchTM (or your instructor may conduct class sessions).
- Complete an independent research project as part of the Master Freediver Assignment.
- Two confined water sessions to improve static and dynamic apnea attempts, including a no fins dynamic apnea. Goal: static apnea of 3 minutes, 30 seconds and dynamic apnea of 70 meters/230 feet.
- Four open water sessions to practice mouthfill equalization and perform warm-up and workup dives for free immersion and constant weight freediving. Goal: constant weight freedive of 27 meters/90 feet.
The course normally runs for three days. Depth range: 24-40m. To enroll, you must be at least 18 years old and have a PADI Advanced Freediver certification or equivalent.
High quality freediving gear (excl. wetsuit)
Comfortable conditions and logistics
Price: $590 (2-4 students group), $890 (private course)
|Package Add-Ons Guided Dives *|
|Guided shore dive on house reef||$47|
|Guided shore dive on house reef (including one-tank, weights & rental gear)||$88|
|Guided shore dive to non-house reef site (minimum 2 divers)||$55|
|Guided shore dive to Wreck of the Hilma Hooker (minimum 2 divers)||$55|
Learn what it means to be a mermaid or merman, how to swim with a dolphin kick, with a monofin or with a tail, and practice your first mermaid tricks, strokes and poses. You’ll also learn how to hold your breath and relax in the water.
The Mermaid Basic includes:
- Theory briefing
- Stretching, breathing and relaxation exercises
- Open water session
- Lycra, monofin or tail
- 8 Underwater Go Pro photos
To enroll, you must be at least six years old, and you must be a comfortable swimmer.
Price: $150 (1-3 students), $125 (4-6 students), $90 (6-8 students)
Mermaid surface sessions on request
All sessions will be on the beach with a professional photographer from 4-6pm. Special packages (e.g. mother & daughter; Mermaid Party) available on request.
Underwater photo and video session on request
If you are already a mermaid or freediver but you want to have professional underwater photos in the paradisal Bonaire waters, this can be provided.