Over 2 months you will:
- Study dive theory and PADI standards
- Hone your dive skills until they’re demonstration quality
- Perfect your rescue drills
- Complete a water skills and stamina test
- Assist instructors with courses and walk (and swim) along on guided dives
You will work five days a week at one of our locations, doing both the training, the fun work (guiding dives) and the less fun, but necessary work (cleaning, filling tanks, helping out around the dive shops).
Since you’ll be working at Dive Friends Bonaire, we need to be sure that you’ll be a good fit with our team and with our customers. Please send us your CV (both diving and professional) for consideration.
Pre-requisites for the PADI Divemaster Program:
- Certified as PADI Rescue Diver
- Logged 40 scuba dives
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
In order to be successful and enjoy your experience at Dive Friends Bonaire you need to be:
- 18 years old minimum
- Fluent in English
Because you work for the course, there are no course costs. You will, however, need to buy the books and slates, and pay the PADI fee for the dive master application (approximately $400.00)
We do not provide accommodation or living expenses. However, we can provide you with contact information for several reasonably priced short-lease apartments around the island.
We also require that you have your own dive insurance. If you are not already covered, please have a look at www.daneurope.org (European residents) or www.diversalertnetwork.org (North American residents).
Please contact us for more information about our Divemaster internship program.