100% AWARE Commited to conservation.
At Dive Friends Bonaire we take conservation seriously and want to protect our beautiful oceans for future generations of divers. In addition to our Debris Free Bonaire program and quarterly clean up dives, Dive Friends Bonaire is now a 100% AWARE partner.
New Website Joining the current decade.
We’ve completely redesigned the Dive Friends Bonaire website to make it cleaner, easier to find what you are looking for, and make it look good on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
Clean Up Dive July, 2015 Town Pier
On Saturday, July 18th, 2015, 95 volunteer divers gathered at Dive Friends Bonaire @ Yellow Submarine for the famous quarterly clean up dive. Attendees included Broadreach (a visiting group of teenagers from the US) as well as local and visiting divers. The youngest and most enthusiastic clean up dive volunteer was 10 year old Abigail Petrich, who was certified as a PADI Open Water Diver just a few days earlier.
Serving You Better with a New Retail Store
The Dive Friends Bonaire Dive Retail Outlet has been a landmark on the Kaya Grandi, providing visiting divers with the best selection of quality dive gear on the island for years. However, it was starting to outgrow its space and become a bit too crowded with in-demand items….if divers ask for it, we’ll supply it! So Dive Friends Bonaire embarked upon a new challenge—a new store!
Gift, who works at Dive Friends @ Port Bonaire, is originally from Nigeria, but grew up in Italy and came to Bonaire by way of England and Costa Rica. But with all that moving around the globe, her family spread further and further apart. At the moment, Gift and her sister Flora are working hard to arrange a visit to see their mother for the first time in 27 years!
Debris Free Vacation
From December 21st to January 4th, visitors to Bonaire had the opportunity to win a free dive vacation by helping the environment. Volunteers were entered to win after posing with their trash and posting their photos to Facebook. Wow! Our volunteers filled an entire 10 cubic meter container in 1 week!
Dive Friends Gossip The latest crew activities
- We have a lot of new faces! We’re happy to welcome several new crew: Darcy (tank technician), Jeffrey (Instructor), Kaj (Divemaster), Bjorn (Instructor), Melissa (Divemaster), Joel (tank technician) & Pepijn (Instructor)
- We also have a great group of Divemaster Trainees: Oscar, Floris, David, Matt & Luis. They’re all going to be fantastic PADI professionals soon!
- Best wishes to departing crew members: Richard, Gordon, Suuz and Tim!
- To keep our crew fit and healthy, Dive Friends is providing membership to Bon Bida Gym.
- Carolyn & Alex attended the PADI Business Academy in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA to keep up with the latest PADI training
- Carolyn was a guest speaker on the PADI Webinar about Continuing Education (available to PADI professionals on the PADI Members website) and is on the 2015 PADI North American Resort Advisory Committee
- This August we’ll be hosting a PADI Instructor Development Course with PADI Course Director Maike Vlassak
Hope you enjoyed the News Splash and see you underwater soon!